Asociación CINDE works in a cross-cutting manner with the following approaches:
- Systematic and comprehensive approach. We approach work on a set of social circumstances that interact and produce new qualities with different characteristics.
- Rights approach. We seek practices based on the recognition that every person is the owner of inherent rights.
- Gender approach. It allows the identification of power relations and inequities and it helps us to recognize the causes that produce them and to formulate mechanisms to overcome these gaps.
- Environmental respect and sustainable development approach. We seek development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the capacity of future generations. The recycling and reuse of materials is our principle, making a responsible and efficient use of resources.
- Life skills approach. We address the importance of internal development with training skills such as emotion control, interpersonal relationships, effective communication, decision-making, critical thinking and negotiation techniques. These skills are essential components for healthy development in childhood and for a successful transition from childhood to adulthood.
- Culture of peace approach. It is through education that we will be able to creatively transform conflicts and introduce in a general way the values, tools and knowledge, such as imagination, compassion, dialogue, solidarity, integration, participation and empathy, which form the bases of peace, human rights, and democracy.
- Restorative practices approach. It is essential to seek alternatives to punishment. In the justice approach, the treatment of the human needs of those involved is prioritized, as well as the training to communicate their thoughts and feelings openly. The restorative justice process encourages the offender to take responsibility for their harmful behavior in a positive way, to understand the causes and effects of that behavior on others, and to change it to be accepted again in the community.